Acoustic Surveys for Planning
Our Team has more than 30 years’ experience of acoustic surveys, including both noise and vibration surveys and assessment. We have provided this service for many submissions as part of planning applications.
We will provide you with an efficient and all-in-one service to submit a compliant application.
We can assist with:
- Impact assessment of new or existing industrial or commercial noise sources on development and re-development proposals in accordance with BS 4142:2014
- Review of facade construction materials and configuration to meet the recommendations of BS 8233:2014
- Assessment of ventilation proposals in line with the Association of Noise Consultants (ANC) Acoustics Ventilation and Overheating Guidance (AVOG)
- Recommendations to meet local planning requirements
- Building services plant noise and vibration impact assessments
- Specification of noise and vibration mitigation to meet the requirements of local or national requirements and guidance
- Specification of noise barriers, e.g. for protection from traffic noise
- Measurement of vibration from existing sources, e.g. such as trains
- Assessment of the risk of structural vibration and re-radiated noise to new structures
Our Consultants and Technicians are registered members of the Institute of Acoustics (IOA) and therefore up to date on the latest legislation and industry practice. This includes consideration of the latest planning guidance in National Planning Policy Framework, (NPPF), and ProPG.
If you would like to discuss your project with one of our friendly Consultants, then please contact us today.